Having an instrument rating allows you the freedom of flying on your schedule, sunshine or clouds.
Most of our clients who get their Private Pilot License will also earn the Instrument Rating.
Pricing assumes that you have at least 30 hours of the cross country pilot in command time as required by regulation for the Instrument Rating. Time building packages available and you may even be able to split the costs with other pilots and save money. Ask us for details.
Why should you have an Instrument Rating?
- Instrument Rating Certifications give you the flexibility to fly under different weather conditions.
- It gives you the ability to fly at different times and not only under VFR Conditions.
- Take trips without risking getting caught outside of your home base due to night time or weather reasons.
- Become more proficient in the Air Traffic Control systems.
- Gives you the ability to take on a career in aviation.
- It helps you become a better pilot.
- Just because you want the FREEDOM.
How does it work?
You need to log at least 40 hours of flight by reference to the aircraft instruments. This is broken up as follows:
- Learning how pilots control the airplane solely by instrument reference.
- Taking cross country flights to get familiar with the Air Traffic Control systems.
- Practicing instrument approaches into airports.
- Becoming proficient in holding patterns.
- Effective IFR communication.
The majority of our clients will earn their instrument rating after finishing the Private Pilot license.
Contact us for full details and get started right away.
All sales final. No refunds to pre-paid balances on account or training that has occurred. Cash, Check or EFT only for all Pre-Paid Courses or Accelerated Training . Credit card transactions will incur additional fees.
**All individuals learn at different rates. Our average student completes the course in about 40-50 hours. Additional hours needed available at the current rates. Rates subject to change without notice and are no guarantee is made. Rates listed assume usage of the Cessna 172 or Warrior. Diamond DA40 will incur additional charges. A positive account balance and/or credit card on file is required at all times. Customer must also carry non-owned aircraft rental insurance. All rates listed were current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
Call or Text 469-987-4000