What it is and Why You Need It
You will need your Commercial Pilot Certificate if you want to work as a pilot.
You will learn and practice just like the airline pilots and learn fun airplane maneuvers in the process.
- You are able to make money as a pilot!
- You will become very familiar with the steps and procedures necessary to become a Professional Commercial Pilot and how to handle passengers.
- You will gain a much deeper understanding of how to work with Air Traffic Control and with National Airspace System.
- You plan and fly lots of cross-country trips.
- You will learn how to become a true Professional Pilot and be ready to start your career!
Pricing – from $26,000
Pricing assumes you already have your Private Pilot and Instrument Rating and at least 100 hours.
If you are starting from the very beginning you will need at least 250 hours of experience to qualify to become a Commercial Pilot. The cost to go from zero time to Commercial Pilot can vary depending on options chosen but starts at $43,000.
See our Zero to CFI (Flight Instructor) program for full details of available pathways.
If you already have a Private Pilot and Instrument Rating and need to add your Commercial Pilot Certificate, we can help with that. Through a combination of time building and training, you can become a Commercial Pilot in less than 4 months.
- Be 18 years old and hold a Private Pilot Certificate and Instrument Rating
- Government Issued photo ID
- FAA Medical Certificate – 1st or 2nd Class is needed to exercise the privileges of a Commercial Pilot
- Proof of US Citizenship. US Passport or Birth Certificate is the most common. If you are not a citizen, contact us as we may be able to train you but there are TSA procedures that must be followed.
- Non-Owned Aircraft Renters Insurance. This protects you in the event of an incident or accident. $60,000 minimum for aircraft damage. Many of our students use AOPA Insurance Services.
All sales final. No refunds to pre-paid balances on account or training that has occurred. Cash, Check or EFT only for all Pre-Paid Courses or Accelerated Training . Credit card transactions will incur additional fees.
**All individuals learn at different rates. Rates subject to change without notice and are no guarantee is made. Rates listed assume usage of the Cessna 172 or Warrior. Diamond DA40 will incur additional charges. A positive account balance and/or credit card on file is required at all times. Customer must also carry non-owned aircraft rental insurance. All rates listed were current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
Call or Text 469-987-4000